The Class 156 Super Sprinter is a twin car DMU, of which 114 were built from 1987 to 1989 by Metro Cammell, numbered 156401 -514. Each twin car comprised a Driving Motor Standard Lavatory (DMSL, numbered 52401-514) and a Driving Motor Standard (DMS, numbered 57401-514) with space for storage of luggage, bicycles, etc.
These DMUs operate in Scotland, NE and NW England, East Anglia and the Midlands.
These great little models feature lots of details including external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- All wheel pick up
- Directional lighting
- All wheel drive (in motor equipped units)
- Spares bag with additional detailing parts
- Cast wheel in the appropriate colour to match livery
- 5 pole Super Creep Motor with incredible controllable slow running speed
- Coaches can be fitted with Plug-In Lighting Bars
|Class ||156 |
|Livery ||Strathclyde Orange & Black |
|Era ||8 (1982 - 1994) |
|Wheel Configuration ||2 Car DMU |
|Couplings ||NEM |
|DCC Type ||6 Pin DCC Ready |
|Track Supply ||12v DC |
|Paint Finish ||Pristine |
|Length Over Buffer ||310mm |
|Width ||17mm |
|Height ||27mm |